Does Your Kid Like to Write?
Writing is such a good mental and creative exercise for children. It helps to open up the mind and the sacral chakras, and allows your child to tap into her/his creativity and inventive side. Some kids love to invent stories, but don’t enjoy the time it takes to sit and write out their thoughts. (The “Handwriting” MindTime can help with that!)
If your child loves to create stories, here are some ways you as a parent can encourage and develop a love of writing:
– Read to your child! It’s hands-down the best thing you can do for your kids.
– Record an audio of YOU reading some of your kids’ favorite books (or some of your own faves!)
– Visit the library together
– Visit a bookstore together
– Encourage your child to try reading new authors, genres, or types of books
– Create a book with your child
– Publish your own book with Shutterfly or Apple iBooks
– Record your child as he/she invents a story. Could be audio, video, or both.
– Let your child dictate and you write out the story, or type it
– Enter the NaNoWriMo contest for young writers
– Teach your young one to type with Typing Pal or other form of typing tutor software
What other ideas do you have? Share with us!
Just think, your kid might be the next J.K. Rowling, or Stephen King, or Tolkein, or Judy Blum, or Margaret Wise Brown!
Keep us posted and come visit us on Facebook